Long pond gloves are a real asset for working in the pond in Autumn. We would say they are essential to any maintenance work you do in the pond.
- They allow you to work outside in the cold water without getting your hands either wet or too cold.
- They come up the length of the arm from the hand so there is no risk of you filling the inside with water as you work!
- Easy to put on with an elasticated top
- They protect you from any waterborne infections
- Clearing out the old plant growth and rotting plant debris from the pond is never a clean job but at least these long pond gloves keep you cleaner than you would be otherwise!
Long pond gloves are available in 2 sizes –
- Medium/large hand size – width of glove at base of thumb approx. 14cm (5.5″)
- Small-hand size – width of glove at base of thumb approx 12cm (4.5″)
Using these pond gloves should allow you to remove the mass of unwanted plant growth from the pond and check for any wildlife hiding in it.
Do a thorough job. This will help both the populations of creatures in your pond and allow the water to start next year in better health.