Changing the water:
- Avoid changing the water in your container pond as this means you will be refilling with fresh water where the water already in your container pond has gone through a maturing process.
- To avoid changing the water you will need to check your container pond in Autumn and cut back dying foliage and remove falling tree leaves.
- If the water turns green or grows algae or blanketweed then add Extract of Barleystraw on a weekly basis and increase the dose rather than empty the container out to start again.
Feeding pond plants:
- After their first season pond plants will need additional feed as they will not have the benefit of natural sources of nitrates
- Try our feed tabs for aquatic plants pushed into the plants’ compost or liquid aquatic plant food plus – both available on pond products