Submerged oxygenators, waterlilies and floating plants:
Shelf : Plants for deeper water 45cm(18") plus:
1. Oxygenating pond plants:
- Allow two portions of oxygenating plant (however supplied - bareroot or bunched) per square metre of surface area for planting a new pond
- 50-70% of your water surface area should be covered by plant growth to keep the water cool and shaded and prevent algae growth.
- Waterlilies also provide colourful waterlily flowers on the pond surface.
3. Hardy British Native floating plants:
- Plants that avoid the winter cold by dropping down below the surface of the water to overwinter as dormant buds in deeper, less cold water.
- These will then reappear in late Spring as the water temperature warms up.
- They rise and fall in the water so are not potted into a basket but grown loose in the water.
- Only available when in active growth - May/June - August/September
- Only available when in active growth - between January and April/May.
If any plant is 'Currently unavailable' click ‘Email when available’ and you will receive an email when they are available to purchase.