Yes, planting in a container pond with one main species as a feature plant can be very effective.
- control a vigorous variety in a container pond.
- plants with a sharp root stock can be dangerous to the liner in a pond but they cannot puncture the solid material of a container pond
- you can use waterlilies as the feature plant in a container pond
- 60cm pond can have 3x pygmaea (miniature) waterlilies, 80cm container pond 3x dwarf waterlilies
- planting a 98cm container pond is more in scale using Pond-sized waterlilies
- always add an oxygenating plant under the water surface