Cookies are small text files that are stored on your PC, phone or other web enabled device when you visit the Waterside Nursery website.
Some Cookies are an essential part of how our site works – some are required by our site to enable you to transact your purchase. By continuing to use our site, you consent to the use of these cookies.
Cookies are used on our site for the following reasons:
- To allow you to securely log in to your account, so that you can use “My Account” features such as order information, saved baskets and wish list.
- To store the content of your online shopping basket whilst you browse the site and to complete an order. Without these cookies our website would not function as expected. These Cookies help give you a better experience when using our website.
- We use Google Analytics to understand how people arrive on our website, how they use our website and where they may be having problems using the website. We have access to your IP address, Browser type, Operating system and your movements around our website.
- Waterside Nursery uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
- We use Recapture.io as a ‘Save my basket’ facilitator. You can choose to opt-in and add your email data to this ‘Save my basket’ system if you wish to be part of this additional service. It is not compulsory. To remove your data at any date in the future – please contact us and this will be done.
Turning off cookies:
- To withdraw your consent to cookies, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer’s hard drive.
- For more information on how to disable cookies, please consult the “Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar.
Waterside Nursery (Sharnford) Ltd trading through https://www.watersidenursery.co.uk as Waterside Nursery.
We take your privacy seriously and are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation. We can be contacted by email: [email protected] or phone 07931 557082.
For the purposes of GDPR Waterside Nursery (Sharnford) Ltd are the “data controllers”. We will retain any data you submit, unless you request us to delete it, to enable you to have the continued use of our website account facilities.
The information we collect and how we use it:
- We receive information directly from you when you open an account with us or when you purchase from us. Our site has an HTTPS certificate Verified by DigiCert Inc. which uses encryption before transmitting information over the Internet.
- We work with IT Companies that support our website and business systems.
- When you open an account with us your name, address, telephone number and email address details will be stored on our database to facilitate you when you return to use your account functions – Saved Basket or Wish List facility. It will also be used to auto-fill the checkout process to speed up the purchase process for you. This is classed as a Legitimate Reason to hold and store this information.
- When you purchase with us as a guest you will be asked to provide your name, address, telephone number and email address in order that your Order Contract can be successfully processed to completion. This information will be stored in our database.
- This order processing information will be shared with our courier Companies – APC Parcelrite or UKMail in order to complete our Order Contract with you.
- When you purchase from us online and use a payment method we transfer you to Paypal as our online banking facility. Paypal collect any payment information on our behalf on their Secure site so we do not collect or have access to, any sensitive card or payment account information ourselves.
Your information is also disclosed to:
- Our Newsletter provider – Campaign Monitor. If you have agreed to opt-in and receive our Monthly Newsletters then they receive your email details in order to send these out on our behalf.
- If you decide, after receiving our Newsletters, that you do not want us to contact you again, you can request that we stop emailing information to you by using the Unsubscribe link on any Newsletter.
- Waterside Nursery will not share your information for marketing purposes with any other Company.
- We have a Legal Obligation to provide your information to the police or any other regulatory or Government authority investigating suspected illegal activities if they request it.
- If you feel we have misused your information in any way you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority i.e. Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Security of your information:
- We do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- We have made significant investments in our server, database and backup and firewall technologies as precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- Some of the information you provide may be transferred outside the European Economic Area for processing. However, strict rules regarding the confidentiality of security of your information are in place to safeguard it.
Waterside Nursery may link to external websites from our website:
- We do not accept responsibility or liability for the content of these other websites or their privacy policies.
- Email communications between a customer and Waterside Nursery are stored in order to provide a continued customer service history.
- These emails will be accessed by employees of Waterside Nursery to facilitate our communications with you.
Your rights under GDPR 2018:
- You have a right to access the personal data that we hold on you.
- You have the right to have that personal data rectified or erased.
- If you would like to see a copy of the information we hold on you please send a written request to Waterside Nursery (Sharnford) Ltd: Registered Office: Geoff Cowley and Co, 1, Willow Park, Upton Lane, Nuneaton, Warks, CV13 6 EU.