POND PLANTING SCHEME SIZE 2 FOR WILDLIFE
A balanced selection of plants chosen by us for small ponds
Pond size - 2m² - 3.9m² (21ft² - 41ft²)
Attracts - Dragonflies, bees, butterflies, hoverflies and amphibians (including newts)
- 6 x Oxygenators (bareroot)
- 6 x Upright shelf plants (rooted in aquatic compost in 11cm mesh basket)
- 2 x Rafting shelf plants (rooted in aquatic compost in 9cm mesh baskets)
- 1 x Waterlily (rooted in aquatic compost in either 15cm or 23cm mesh basket)
- Only British Native plants - with a smaller Non Native white waterlily used as British Native Nymphaea alba is too big for this size pond
- Mainly British Native plants
- Any plant
Extra info - Each plant will come individually wrapped with its own planting instructions ticket, refer to individual plants for maintenance details.
All plant choices depend on seasonal availability.
Any specific requests or useful information that you think we could use to help tailor your scheme to your needs can be left in the general comments box when going through checkout.
We recommend the additional purchase of 1 Aponogeton distachyos if it is seasonally available to add to the surface cover and flowering interest period of your pond.
Also look at Barleystraw minibales to add to your pond to help algae control
Plant orders are dispatched to UK destinations only. We cannot send to Northern Ireland. Your order will be picked in the Nursery and will be sealed in airtight packaging to keep it fresh during transit. Please unwrap all plants from the packaging as soon as possible and place in the situation specified on the plant ticket.
Delivery cost is calculated on total order value as follows:
|Order Value||Delivery Cost|
|£50.00 and under||£6.00 *|
|Over £50.00||FREE *|
- Add £10 – AB, DD8 – 9, FK19 – 21, IV1 – 40, IV63, KW1 – 14, PA21 – 40, PH1 – 41, PH49 – 50, PO30 – 41 & TR21 – 25
- Add £25 – HS1 – 9, IM, IV41 – 56, KA27 – 28, KW15 – 17, PA20, PA41 – 49, PA62 – 76, PH42 – 44 & ZE