Customers ask what instructions they get with plants we send out.
Easiest way to show what information tickets we send is to show examples of our ticketing:
- Name in Latin as per the website and often the Common English name too.
- Planting instructions - either depth of water over the top of the basket the plant is supplied in or alternative instructions for submerged oxygenating plants
- Dual planting instructions - some plants will stand on a pond shelf with water over the top of the basket or can be planted into a muddy soil area.
- Height of plant growth above the water surface, flowering season if relevant.
- Spread of growth (after 3 years) across the water surface for waterlilies and Water Hawthorn
We put a ticket into every plant basket (or one per bag if there are 3 of the same plants in that bag). We measure or count oxygenating plant portions and then (to save on plastic wastage) wrap all portions together in newspaper and place in one bag.
Put all the plants we send out into the pond immediately in the form they arrive in.
- Weighted bunches of oxygenating plants go into the water as weighted bunches,
- loose oxygenating plants (Ceratophyllum demersum) emptied loose into the water without weights.
- Place baskets into water to the depth specified on the ticket in that plant.
Plants in 9cm, 11cm or 20cm baskets are all fine in that size of basket for at least the first year but will ultimately need to be replanted into a larger basket.