POND PLANTING SCHEME SIZE 2 FOR WILDLIFE
A balanced selection of plants chosen by us for small ponds. We recommend mainly British Native if you are looking for long season interest for butterflies and bees.
Pond size - 2m² - 3.9m² (21ft² - 41ft²)
Attracts - Dragonflies, bees, butterflies, hoverflies and amphibians (including newts)
- 6 x Oxygenators (bareroot)
- 6 x Upright shelf plants (rooted in aquatic compost in 11cm mesh basket)
- 2 x Rafting shelf plants (rooted in aquatic compost in 9cm mesh baskets)
- 1 x Waterlily (rooted in aquatic compost in either 15cm or 23cm mesh basket)
- Only British Native plants - with a smaller Non Native white waterlily used as British Native Nymphaea alba is too big for this size pond
- Mainly British Native plants - our favoured option for larger plant choice & longer flowering season
- Any plant
Extra info - Each plant will come individually wrapped with its own planting instructions ticket, refer to individual plants for maintenance details.
All plant choices depend on seasonal availability.
Any specific requests or useful information that you think we could use to help tailor your scheme to your needs can be left in the general comments box when going through checkout.
We recommend the additional purchase of 1 Aponogeton distachyos if it is seasonally available to add to the surface cover and flowering interest period of your pond.
Also look at Barleystraw minibales to add to your pond to help algae control, Chlorine Guard if you need to fill the pond with tapwater and Pond Revive to kick start the bacterial activity of a new pond with some additional micro-organisms.
Will my plants arrive potted?
Yes, all our 9cm, 11cm and 23cm Marginal Pond Plants, Deep Water plants and Waterillies will be sent out to you pre-planted in a mesh basket with our aquatic compost and will have been fed with an aquatic feed ball.
Bunched and loose Oxygenators will be sent out bareroot or bunched with a weight and can be dropped straight into the pond as they are delivered .
Moist plants are sent out in solid pots that you would remove before planting into the soil.
Can Koi fish or ducks eat my plants?
Yes, they may well do. We cannot guarantee that any plants will survive hungry fish and ducks. We would recommend going for Iris or woodier stemmed plants and forming some sort of barrier between the plants and any large fish or wild fowl.
How does my order arrive?
Plant orders are dispatched to UK destinations only but we cannot send to Northern Ireland. Your order will be picked in the Nursery and will be sealed in airtight, waterproof packaging to keep it fresh during transit. Please unwrap all plants from the packaging as soon as possible and place in the situation/depth specified on each plant ticket.
Delivery details -
Delivery cost is calculated on total order value as follows:
|Order Value||Delivery Cost|
|£50.00 and under||£6.00 *|
|Over £50.00||FREE *|
- Add £10 – AB, DD8 – 9, FK19 – 21, IV1 – 40, IV63, KW1 – 14, PA21 – 40, PH1 – 41, PH49 – 50, PO30 – 41 & TR21 – 25
- Add £25 – HS1 – 9, IM, IV41 – 56, KA27 – 28, KW15 – 17, PA20, PA41 – 49, PA62 – 76, PH42 – 44 & ZE