Our container pond-in-a-pot images were featured by Monty Don in BBC2 Big Dreams Small Spaces Episode 2.
For links to the products:
- 80cm fibreglass granite finish container - planted up with a selection of pond plants aimed at bringing wildlife into the garden.
- All the emergent pond plants were placed in the Support Ring so they did not fall over.
- Iris versicolor and Primula florindae attract airbourne wildlife insect pollinators to the container pond-in-a-pot and there was actually a bee on the Mentha cervina photographed on this image shoot!
- Can't beat that to make a point!
- 60cm Weeping Red planted for shade using pond plants in the Support Ring to hold them at the correct depth.
- Shade loving plants tend to be green, structural and architectural in shape with seed heads rather than colourful flowers - Isolepis cernua, Cyperus involucratus, and Equisetum scirpoides
- Anemopsis californica is good at flowering in a more shaded situation.
For more info on planting a container pond see our Tips and Advice pages