We take a great deal of effort packing your parcels so that you receive your mail order pond plants in the best condition possible:
- We use recyclable materials where possible.
- Used newspaper and cardboard boxes are both useful in a compost heap.
- But we do need plastic bags to keep our wet plants from soaking and weakening the cardboard box. We cannot find a substitute at the moment but we are looking out for one.
The sequence of packing your parcels:
- Plants picked and ticketed on the Nursery in the morning of dispatch and taken to the Packing area.
- With Covid restrictions each Picker brings plants from different parts of the Nursery to the Packing area.
- Plants & products amalgamated into your order by the Wrappers.
- We wrap the plant baskets in newspaper and bags to retain the moisture around the plant.
- Placed in a box with a liner to make sure the cardboard box stays dry.
- Taped down securely and the box labelled with a Perishable Goods label to alert the courier of its contents.
- The 'Place to leave without signature' is on the address label for the courier driver.
- Collected by the Courier company APC Parcelrite and an email with tracking details sent to you.
- Transported to the hub for redistribution overnight to a depot near you.
- Loaded on your local delivery van the day after they picking in the Nursery. (All Islands and Scotland above Perth excepted).
- APC send an email on the day of delivery with a 2 hour time slot.
- Your parcel is left 'without signature' in the place of safety you gave us on your order.