We take a great deal of effort packing your parcels so that you receive your mail order pond plants in the best condition possible.
- We try and use recyclable materials where possible.
- Used newspaper and cardboard boxes are both useful in a compost heap.
- But we do need plastic bags to keep our wet plants from soaking and weakening the cardboard box. We cannot find a substitute at the moment but we are looking out for one.
Here is the sequence of packing your parcels:
- Plants picked and ticketed on the Nursery in the morning and taken to the packing area.
- Wrapped in newspaper and bagged to retain the moisture around the plant.
- Placed in a box with a liner to make sure the cardboard box stays dry
- Taped down securely and the box labelled with a Perishable Goods label to alert the courier of its contents
- The address label holds the 'Place to leave without signature' details for the courier driver.
- Collected by the Courier company APC Parcelrite and an email with tracking details sent to you.
- Transported to the hub for redistribution overnight to a depot near you
- Loaded on a local delivery van the day after they are picked in the Nursery. (All Islands and Scotland above Perth excepted).
- A text will be sent to a mobile number on the day of delivery with a 2 hour time slot but the parcel will be left 'without signature in the place of safety'