Renew the barleystraw minibale you put into the pond last March.
- It is getting old now and you need to add its replacement to the water alongside it to keep up a constant inhibiting factor to combat greenwater and blanketweed algae.
- Leave the old minibale in whilst the new one is activating but make a note to remove the old one next month.
- It will do your pond no good if a barleystraw minibale is left to rot down completely in your pond as it will add to the sludge on the pond floor.
- This will only create more long term algae or blanketweed as it continues to deteriorate.
Continue to add the liquid Extract of barleystraw or Barley Bio Algae Control weekly to a small pond or container pond feature to keep the water free from greenwater and blanketweed growth in these hot summer months.
- When it starts to get cooler change to fortnightly dosing.
- Don't stop dosing until the clocks go back in October.