Add water to your garden using a fibreglass container pond:
Water has been mentioned a lot on gardening programmes on TV recently.
The way for you to add water to a small garden space is an instant mini pond in a fibreglass container pond. Even good for a balcony!
You, too, could have one in your garden this Summer!
Our lightweight fibreglass container ponds for "ponds in pots" are ideal because they:
- No holes to dig (they are not buried in the ground)
- Place them on the patio, balcony or roof area to create a water feature.
- Do not have a drainage hole.
- Do not need painting with a sealant or lining as fibreglass is not porous.
- Will not deteriorate with age or crack in the Winter cold like wood or pottery.
- 3 different sizes (60cm, 80cm and 98cm diameter).
- 17 different colours to choose from - 15 finishes are polished gloss.
- Limestone - is a matt, textured stone-look that will age like real stone.
- Rust - also a textured finish & is right on trend with the metallic colours popular at the moment.
- 6 - 8 week delay for the size & colour combinations that are out of stock and made for you (which includes all 98cm containers).
We do carry a number of 60 & 80cm container ponds in stock so have a look at our Current Availability Blog Post - to see if your chosen colour/size combination is in stock for immediate despatch.
- These create a shelf in our fibreglass container ponds - saves putting bricks in that take up water volume.
- We supply aquatic plants in baskets that locate into the grid so they do not blow over in the wind.
- The shelf fits in the correct place in our containers so the basket tops are approx 2cm/1" below water surface level.
- No grid supplied for the 98cm container pond.
- Choose one of our 10 prepared planting schemes A-K: 5 for 60cm wide, 5 for 80cm wide.
- Some Container pond planting schemes prepared for sun and some for shaded areas.
- Encourage pollinating insects like bees and butterflies.
- Bees also like to drink from shallow water so a container pond has 2 ways of benefiting the bees visiting your garden.
- Plant the 98cm container pond with Pond waterlily placed on the base of the container and oxygenating plants.
Pond Revive: used to kickstart the bacterial balance of your container pond.
Barley Bio Algae Control: we recommend you use this weekly in warm weather to help keep the water clean.
Chlorine Guard: recommended if you have to use tap water to fill or top up your container pond.
We always encourage gardeners to add water to any garden space, however small, to encourage wildlife to visit.