There has been a great deal of interest in containers for small ponds following the recent Gardeners’ World barrel pond segment.
Rachel de Thame also mentioned our fibreglass container ponds and our water plants in her article in The Sunday Times on July 23rd 2017.
Our lightweight fibreglass containers for “ponds in pots” have:
- no drainage hole
- no worries about water leakage
- no need to bury the container – these can sit on top of the patio and be a feature in their own right
- the fibreglass finish does not need painting with a sealant as it is not porous
- fibreglass will not deteriorate with age or crack in the Winter cold
These come in 3 different sizes (60cm, 80cm and 98cm diameter) and each size can be ordered in a choice of 15 different colours (14 are polished gloss and 1 finish is a matt, textured stone-look that will age like real stone). There can be up to a 6 week delay for some size and colour combinations, though many are in stock for next week delivery.
- these create a shelf in our containers – saves putting bricks in that take up water volume
- the baskets our aquatic plants are supplied in fit into the grid and, once located, will not blow over in the wind
- the shelf will fit in the correct place in our containers to sit the basket tops approx 1″ below water surface level
- choose one of our prepared plant schemes A-K (some prepared for sun and some for shaded areas)
- encourage pollinating insects by choosing pollinator plants for airbourne insects
- or you can choose to have only waterlilies and oxygenating plants
Extract of Barleystraw: we recommend you use this weekly in warm weather to help keep the water clean
Chlorine Guard: recommended if you have to use tapwater to fill or top up your container pond
We continue to try to encourage gardeners that water can be added to the smallest garden space to encourage wildlife to visit and that small water plants and miniature waterlilies are available to suit these smaller water garden features.
For more details please read our Tips and Advice pages:
You might like to view these products: