If you are unsure what to order then let us help with a prepared pond planting scheme.
To get our help with a Planting Scheme all you need to know is the surface area of your pond.
|Pond size in sq m||Pond size in sq ft||Go to Pond Scheme|
|1 - 2||9 - 20||size 1|
|2 - 3.9||21 - 41||size 2|
|4 - 6.9||43 - 65||size 3|
|7 - 14.9||75 - 160||size 4|
|15 - 25||162 - 236||size 5|
- We offer 5 different sized Planting Schemes aimed at wildlife ponds.
- We choose the selection of plants you need based on the size of your pond.
- We select the best combination of plants to give a balanced selection for all areas of the pond water.
- We include interest in foliage and flower throughout the season.
- We consider different wildlife habitats - rafting shelf plants for newts, upright shelf plants for dragonflies, late flowering plants for insect pollinators.
- You choose whether to have 'Mainly British Native plants', 'British Native plants only' or 'Any plant' in our range.
- 'Mainly British Native plants' will have some Non-British Native plants included to keep in size and scale with the pond and give long season interest.
- Please read our blog post on Plants for bugs which shows RHS research finds that Non Native plants can extend the season of interest in the pond if carefully added to your pond plant mix.
- 'Any plant' selections are more colourful - you can tell us in General Comments if you want a yellow, pink or red waterlily.
Plant Scheme contents:
|Pond scheme||Size in sq m||size in sq ft||bareroot
|size 1||1 - 2||9 - 20||2||0||4||3|
|size 2||2 - 3.9||21 - 41||6||1||6||2|
|size 3||4 - 6.9||43 - 65||12||2||12||2|
|size 4||7 - 14.9||75 - 160||18||3||18||6|
|size 5||15 - 25||162 - 236||32||3||27||10|