If you are unsure what to order then let us help with a prepared pond planting scheme.
To get our help with a Planting Scheme all you need to know is the surface area of your pond.
- We offer 5 different sized Planting Schemes aimed at wildlife ponds.
- We choose the number and selection of plants you need based on the size of your pond.
- We select the best combination of plants to give a balanced selection for all areas of the pond water.
- We include interest in foliage and flower throughout the season.
- We consider different wildlife habitats – rafting shelf plants for newts, upright shelf plants for dragonflies, late flowering plants for insect pollinators.
- You choose whether to have ‘Mainly British Native plants’, ‘British Native plants only’ or ‘Any plant’ in our range.
- ‘Mainly British Native plants’ will have some Non-British Native plants included to keep in size and scale with the pond and give long season interest.
- Please read our blog post on Plants for bugs which shows RHS research finds that Non Native plants can extend the season of interest in the pond if carefully added to your pond plant mix.
- ‘Any plant’ selections are more colourful.
|Pond schemes||pond size Sq ft and (m2)||bareroot oxygenators||upright shelf plants||rafting shelf plants||waterlily|
|Pond Scheme size 1 Wildlife|| 9-20 sq ft
|Pond Scheme size 2||21-41 sq ft (2-3.9m2)||6||6||2||1|
|Pond Scheme size 3||
43-65 ft2 (4-6.9 m2)
|Pond Scheme size 4||75-160 ft2 (7-14.9m2)||18||18||6||3|
|Pond Scheme size 5||